Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Shops of the Antique Mile - Plumed Serpent

When I decided a few years back to leave the more conventional retail environment I'd been in my whole life, I found inspiration from my late mother and my stepmother, who each in their own way instilled in me a love of beautiful old things.

My mother always said she'd like to set me up in an antique store, and in essence she did, as I invested a large part of what she left me into what has become the Plumed Serpent. One of our favorite stops locally was the now departed Hispaniae in Old Town, packed full of treasures from Mexico. However, I stay awat from contemporary Mexican imports and all the Talavera pottery. Instead I search for unique older folk art, from California as well as Mexico.

This is a business that enables me to indulge all my bad habits, so in my store you will find many other things that I just happen to like, such as Depression glass, beer and soda trays, Victorian furniture, and one of my biggest weaknesses, jewelry. I have old Mexican silver and lots of celluloid and Bakelite. There is also a section of midcentury New Mexico souvenirs.

Come and visit. Help yourself to a cup of coffee or tea as you browse or take a breather on the patio. I look forward to seeing you.

Lisan,
Plumed Serpent

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...